Friday, 29 November 2013


For some time now I've been admiring the mannequins and bodyforms that Carol at Polka Dot Closet has been creating.

Angela has given me a bodyform, which I'm in the process of altering.  It was a grey, plastic shape and I wanted to change it to something a bit more feminine.

I gave the bodyform a quick coat of Annie Sloan chalk paint - I found a white lace tablecloth, which I've soaked in strong tea, rinsed and dried.  Using my hotglue gun I've glued a section onto the bodyform.  

I had some pink ribboning which I've added on to create a flower. 

Here is a photo of the project at present.

I've got an idea to add an old plant pot onto the base to create a bit of height and I've taken part of an old dress to create a little skirt, which I will add on to the base.
Will post some more photos soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can't wait to see the finished project, it sure looks adorable so far! I will stay posted, thank you for the shout out!!